[U-Boot] Building two different "SPL" for the same board?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri May 17 22:56:25 CEST 2013

fre 2013-05-17 klockan 14:17 -0400 skrev Tom Rini:

> I would say you want to hypothetically add a _felboot build target for
> the allwinner boards that instead of building out a regular
> CONFIG_SPL_FRAMEWORK (I hope!) SPL spits out just a very tiny one that
> does what you need for this use case.  Having different builds for
> different SPL cases is a normal thing that we do on a few boards, but
> none are quite so drastically different sounding as this.

Yes the main SPL is using CONFIG_SPL_FRAMEWORK. But the low level board
initialization is done in s_init (via lowlevel_init).

This other boot helper is basically only calling s_init() and then
returns to the caller with the board now configured in a reasonable
state allowing it to accept u-boot.bin to be uploaded into SDRAM.

Regards
Henrik