[U-Boot] load file to memory in standalone program

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 21 14:33:46 CEST 2013

Dear Henrik,

In message <1368920138.23379.14.camel at localhost> you wrote:

> I think it would be a great addition to add generic filesystem
> operations to the standalone API. The fs_read() and fs_write() functions
> should be possible to export via the standalone API as-is, but should
> probably be wrapped a little bit to select which filesystem/partition to
> operate on, similar to do_load() but without the u-boot env magics or
> variable arguments.

Technically you may be right.  The reason why we intentionally
maintain a very lean interface to standalone programs is that we allow
such applications to be distributed even under non-GPL licenses.

If you need more fancy features, just add your code to U-Boot and
distribute it under GPL.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In a business, marketroids, salespukes, and  lawyers  have  different
goals from those who actually do work and produce something. Usually,
is  is the former who triumph over the latter, due to the simple rule
that those who print the money make the rules.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <5jdcls$b04$2 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>