[U-Boot] Building two different "SPL" for the same board?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu May 23 10:53:39 CEST 2013

ons 2013-05-22 klockan 11:26 -0400 skrev Tom Rini:

> If we can implement it cleanly, this isn't (at the 1000 meter view) all
> that much different than what we do on some PowerPC platforms today
> where everything must fit within a few kilobytes.

Yes it is quite doable. The pieces I have done should be possible to fit
without too much effort.

The question is more if these kinds of board initialization only
programs is seen as suitable for having in the u-boot tree.  It's not
really an SPL as it does not load anything, but it's 99.9% the same code
as used in u-boot SPL.

Regards
Henrik