[U-Boot] Building two different "SPL" for the same board?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri May 24 03:14:08 CEST 2013

tor 2013-05-23 klockan 16:39 -0400 skrev Tom Rini:

> My rather poor understanding of how some of the Freescale ARM parts do
> SPL is a lot more like this (whack things about, let ROM load next
> parts) than the "SPL takes over, loads U-Boot" method.  And this is OK,
> in so far as it gets needed jobs done in the resources available.

Got it integrated into the tree now and after config changes it could be
reduced to only a dummy (empty) start.c + linker script. The binary grew
by a few KB compared to the separate version, but still well within the
margin.

https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi/commit/79272ff764ee392d616feb02fb91c2dcaad42f04

Will show up for review in next round of submitting the sunxi changes.

Regards
Henrik