[U-Boot] dfu: dfu and UBI Volumes

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon May 27 21:21:35 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 09:09:22AM +0200, Heiko Schocher wrote:

[snip]
> Ah, looking in drivers/dfu/dfu_mmc.c, they use dfu->layout
> for switching between DFU_RAW_ADDR, DFU_FS_FAT, DFU_FS_EXT4...
>
> After all ... should we add a DFU_UBI and add this to
> drivers/dfu/dfu_nand.c?

Yes, I think we should be able to adapt dfu_nand to support raw
(current) and UBI (which will need a little further handling so you can
update per UBI container).  In MMC (and there's examples in trats and
am335x_evm) we say <name> ext4/fat/part/raw device#/start_blk part#/end_blk.
I would imagine, but testing and implementation might show a better way,
we do UBI as <name> ubi ubiN volume-name, ie:
rootfs ubi ubi0 rootfs
user ubi ubi0 user-data
and so forth, and augment dfu_nand.c with UBI knowledge, ala dfu_mmc and
fat/ext knowledge.

--
Tom