[U-Boot] dfu: dfu and UBI Volumes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 27 23:25:52 CEST 2013

Dear Tom,

In message <20130527204127.GY17119 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> This _may_ be the hard part for UBI.  When doing raw block writes for
> NAND/MMC, we're able to write them out quickly and thus support images
> larger than RAM.  But for filesystems we don't support that notion in
> general for write and so limit ourselves to 8MiB or so files.  Fine for

Where exactly is this 8 MB limit coming into play?

> the most part, but not fine for UBI.  It's possible that we can support
> this on UBI easier than we can on filesystems, but I just don't know.

I thought the only size limitation for images we can load is available
system RAM?  Is this not the case?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
PoB = "Prisoner of Bill" -- those held captive, unwillingly or other-
wise, by the contemptible Microsoft monopoly.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6abo45$3lc$2 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>