[U-Boot] dfu: dfu and UBI Volumes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 28 07:50:46 CEST 2013

Dear Tom,

In message <20130527233735.GZ17119 at bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> > Where exactly is this 8 MB limit coming into play?
>
> In buffering the data.  We cannot write a chunk of a file to a
> filesystem and then append to it, we don't have the API today.

Sorry, I still don't get it. Assuming I have a GiB of RAM, why can I
not load a 256 MiB file to RAM, and then write it to a file system?

I have definitely dealt with images and files bigger than 8 MiB in
thepast, so I really don't see where any buffer problem could be.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No question is too silly to ask. Of course, some  questions  are  too
silly to to answer...  - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_