[U-Boot] Soft_spi questions

laurent vaudoit laurent.vaudoit at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:18:38 CEST 2013

Hello all,

i have integrated soft_spi driver in u-boot, in order to communicate with a
FRAM device, using some GPIO.

I use mode 0 of spi (CPHA=0, CPOL=0).

When i try to communicate with the device, i have a problem, none of my
commands are answered.

After looking signals with scope, i see that if CPHA and CPOL are 0,
there is a rising edge on the clock signal, before data is set on mosi
signal.

So the device get a first byte in an "unknown state".

looking at the code, we can see that if CPHA is 0, we put a rising edge on
clock before any data management.

I made work the communication by forcing CPHA to 1 but i think it is not
good way.

Is there something i don't understand?

thank you  in advance for your answer.

Regards