[U-Boot] dfu: dfu and UBI Volumes

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Tue May 28 18:00:15 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 08:24:06AM +0200, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> Am 28.05.2013 07:58, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> > Dear Heiko,

> >> Yes, I think, thats the way to go ...
> >
> > I doubt that dfu_nand.c is the right place for this.  What if I start
> > using DFU on NOR flash?  The decisions which device type (NAND, MMC,
> > NOR, USB mass storage, ...) to habdle on one side, and which partition
> > type / image type (raw, UBI volume, file, ...) on the other side are
> > fully orthogonal to each other.  They should be handled by independent
> > code, and not one of them repeated for all implementations of the
> > other.
>
> Yes, exactly ...

We can see about what re-org makes sense once we've got another
implementation here.  We might be able to share the filesystem-based
write code, but that in part might cause some screams since it'll depend
on our continued (ab)use of run_command.  The device-specific code does
end up being the device-specific API part.   Unless we're adding ubifs
in addition to ubi volume support to DFU, we don't have real shared
filesystem stuff, yet.

--
Tom