[U-Boot] TFTP timeouts, i.mx fec problem?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 31 20:58:08 CEST 2013

Dear Stefano Babic,

In message <51A8C5DA.3090605 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > The question is if there is no better way to wait for the PHY to
> > become (really) ready?
>
> The phy is reinitialized after each transaction - the safiest condition
> to boot afterwards the kernel. Or we need a way to stop the phy only

Yes, that is clear, we fully agree on that.

But can we not test for "autoneogitation completed, link up and
running" before we send the first packet?

Or rather - why do we have this issue appearently only on i.MX?  We
don't see this on other ARM or on PowerPC?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when  dealing  with  computing
systems is a symptom of professional immaturity.   -- Edsger Dijkstra