[U-Boot] [Question] Is it safe to use 'set verify n' ?

Frank Ihle frank.ihle at hs-offenburg.de
Mon Jul 7 08:16:17 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

when it comes to optimizing the boot sequence there are several documents with a lot of hints. One of them is to skip the check sum calculation of the image in U-Boot (set verify n) - some of them say "you don't need to verify every time you boot, since it is always the same image you load". I've tested this option and it saves around 900 ms.

My question is: I'm a bit worried if this boot sequence is still safe to run. What happens e.g. if there were Flash errors? Does it still makes sense to skip the verification, or wouldn't it be better to accept a longer boot since the risk of errors is too high?

What is your opinion?

Kind Regards

Frank