[U-Boot] imximage: MAX_HW_CFG_SIZE_V2 too small for i.MX6D?

Arne Rovet arnerro at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:01:01 CEST 2014

Hi Stefano,

On 14 May 2014 18:18, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
> The main question is also if a large DCD table is needed. The DCD is
> supposed in U-Boot to set up the minimal requirement to let the
> processor to copy the u-boot image into RAM ....

The register setup for the RAM we use on our iMX6D board exceeded the
maximum 121 entries. It is a 2GByte lpddr2, arranged to use both MMDC
channels on the processor. I blindly used the register sequence
generated by the tool "i.Mx6DQSDL LPDDR2 Script Aid" provided by
freescale.

> - the rest can be done in
> U-Boot code after the boot ROM has completed its job.
Maybe the strategy for my board is to setup one channel only in DCD,
then the rest in uboot?  But, I wonder if this strategy would work for
the iMX6D "4KB-interleave" ddr memory mapping mode we intend to use?
Currently we use the "fixed"/flat memory mapping...

Regards,
Arne.