[U-Boot] U-Boot Mini Summit

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Oct 8 15:24:25 CEST 2014

Hi Alexey,

> Hi Detlev,
>
> On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 11:38 +0200, Detlev Zundel wrote:
>> Hello Masahiro-san,
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Perhaps, is it better to insert 5-minute break between talks?
>> > Speakers might need to get something prepared. (connecting their
>> > laptop to the beamer, etc.)
>>
>> Of course.  I did not explicitely include this in the agenda, but such a
>> 5 minute break is what I'll strive to maintain.
>
> I would even propose to have a backup setup for slides presentation.

I fully agree and it is already in the works.

> I remember I once tried to use a beamer attached to my Fedora-driven
> laptop and didn't succeed with that.
>
> Moreover new gen laptops may only have like mini-DisplayPort output
> instead of VGA so there's a probability some laptops won't have a chance
> to be connected to existing (not that advanced/modern) beamer.

Indeed.

> So given you guys have all presentations beforehand (I believe in for of
> PDFs) would be good to have an ability to display them if my laptop
> refuses to work with beamer again.

If one laptop fails then we still have enough redundancy to make it
happen :)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Once the  implementation is  up and running,  it is still a trick to keep it
running.  In a normal,  closed implementation,  this is not a problem;  in a