[U-Boot] SPL boot with NAND on i.MX6 data abort

Markus Stelzhammer markus.stelzhammer at sigmatek.at
Wed Sep 23 10:02:18 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the port of u-boot for our custom boards.
Previously we were using u-boot based on v2013.04 without SPL for our
boards (we have boards with SD also) and this worked for all of our devices.

As we now have new boards with different (bigger) RAM, I decided to use
the newest bootloader (v2015.10) and enable SPL support.
This is already working on a board with SD-Card but I'm not getting it
to work on the boards with NAND.

When I try to boot, SPL is detecting and loading u-boot but u-boot
throws a "data abort" during "ubifs mount".
The strange thing for me is that when I disable SPL, the board will boot
properly.

Could anyone give me a hint how I could trace this error?
I can also provide logs or code snippets if needed!

Best Regards

Markus