[U-Boot] test/py main_signon

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Wed Feb 17 07:34:53 CET 2016

Hello Michal,

Am 16.02.2016 um 17:04 schrieb Michal Simek:
> Hi Heiko,
>
> On 16.2.2016 14:32, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>> Hello Michal,
>>
>> Am 16.02.2016 um 13:12 schrieb Michal Simek:
>>> Hi Stephen,
>>>
>>> trying to run the latest testing on zynq board and getting this
>>> main_signon error.
>>>
>>> This is what I am running
>>> ./test/py/test.py --bd zynq_zc702  --build --board-identity zc702
>>> and getting below.
>>
>> Does this board has SPL support without SPL serial output?
>
> I do load u-boot via jtag that's why SPL logs are not visible.
>
>> If so, can you try my patch:
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/583348/
>
> I have applied your patch but it is still not working.
>
> If I run full flow with SPL then I can't see any issue.

I am not an expert of test/py (I still try to dig into it), but as
I understand it, it looks if CONFIG_SPL is defined, if so, the
framework expects a SPL output first, if not found, it raises
the error you see ...

My patch fixes this, for boards which use SPL, but without serial
SPL output ...

Now you test only u-boot with SPL configured with SPL serial output ...

I think Stephen can say here more, how to solve this ...

bye,
Heiko