[U-Boot] cadence_qspi_apb: cache issues on mach-socfpga

Rush, Jason A Jason.Rush at gd-ms.com
Wed Nov 15 15:26:10 UTC 2017

Goldschmidt Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran into the same issue with the cadence qspi driver and dcache as Jason
> reported (in febuary, I think - I started to monitor U-Boot in july only).
>
> May I ask what's the status here? I do need fixes for this to keep
> mach-socfpga running with qspi. I currently set dcache off globally and
> it works, but I still need the trigger-address fix (which is fixed by Jason's
> patch to use linux DT bindings).

I don't believe the patchset I submitted for DT bindings were merged in.

> Regarding the bounce buffer change: isn't it wrong to use the generic bounce
> buffer here? Given the dcache calls in it, it seems like this one is for DMA
> but we're doing cpu copy in the cadence qspi driver.

I tend to agree for the socfpga architecture; however, I'm not very familiar with
the bounce buffer and dcache.  From what I recall, it looked like the data is copied
from the QSPI by the CPU on the socfpga so the data itself might be in the dcache?
Then the call to bounce_buffer_stop invalidates the dcache, so the QSPI data that
was there is now invalidated, and whatever random data in higher level memory
is copied over the QSPI data.

> Anything I can do to get this pushed?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon