[U-Boot] network not work with u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 5 13:37:22 UTC 2018

Dear 张国富,

In message <3ddf0dcd.d340.1677de6d85a.Coremail.cleancode at 163.com> you wrote:

>     Recently I came across a problem, and I tried many things but it still does not work.
>     I have a board with a u-boot ready and the kernel image yet to upload. Unfortunately the board could not get the kernel image by ftp.

If what you write is correct, then this is expected behaviour.

U-Boot does not have support for TCP/IP, and so it cannot implement
the FTP protocol.  All we have is TFTP = TRIVIAL FTP.

You your FTP server will not help - you need a TFTP server instead.

This also explains the port mismatch you see in wireshark.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One difference between a man and a machine is that a machine is quiet
when well oiled.