[U-Boot] [linux-sunxi] A20-olinuxino-micro hangs in U-boot if powered from MINI-USB only.

John S johns9872003 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 20:48:06 UTC 2018

On Monday, 24 December 2018, 21:37:01 GMT, Nikolai Zhubr <n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>24.12.2018 22:54, John S:
>> Isn't it caused by the software as stated above, i.e. nothing to do with
>> Olimex?
> Well, IMHO is has to do with Olimex because they designed this specific
> circuitry, and the circuitry is such that 5V voltage constantly applied
> to the micro-usb connector might essentially become disconnected (at the
> board side) by programming -- if I understood it correctly.

The software needs to be responsible for its own actions.

Does the problem you reported occur with the Olimex image(s)?  If so it may be wise to report it to Olimex.

If not, which commit or change caused it?

BTW I read in the Olimex documentation that best practice is to power it differently than the way you mention.

John