[U-Boot] "fdt" commands in extlinux.conf ?

Ken Harris kjh at hokulea.org
Mon Jan 8 06:56:09 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 4:04 AM, Ken Harris <kjh at hokulea.org> wrote:

>> The crux is a fdt command in u-boot :
>>
>> fdt set d_can1 status okay
>>
>> Is there a way to do this in extlinux.conf ?

> You could probably load an overlay and save the environment?

FYI, this is not an overlay (fdt apply), but just a "fdt set" command
: the d_can1 section is already in am335x-boneblack.dtb (but with
status = "disabled")

>> I didn't see a way (in uboot 2017.09), so I wrote a uEnv.txt script
>> (see attached).
>>
>> That's a bit verbose and duplicates a bunch of stuff already in uboot

> Dealing with this better in Fedora is on my todo list to get to eventually.

Thanks, but as the uEnv.txt script shows, this can be handled in
u-boot and Fedora will react to those changes.

>> It there a simpler way to state "fdt" commands ?

It seems to me there should be some new fields in extlinux.conf to
state u-boot "fdt" commands, such as "fdt set" and "fdt apply"