[U-Boot] QSPI "sf probe ...", "sf read ..." on Altera SoC FPGA

Simon Goldschmidt sgoldschmidt at de.pepperl-fuchs.com
Thu Jan 18 05:17:34 UTC 2018

On 18.01.2018 06:07, Jason Rush wrote:
> On 1/17/2018 7:46 AM, RB23 wrote:
>> i checked, and if you mean these patches:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/765992/
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/765996/
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/765997/
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/765998/
>>
>> i already applied them, and they didn't work as well.
>>
>> i also found these patches which i didn't try yet:
>> https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2017-May/292230.html
>>
>> should i try those instead?

>>> Er, maybe a patch which checks this condition wouldn't hurt ?

Hmm, the problem here is not specific to cadence_qspi, but to the clock
rate calculation in an upper layer (as Jason wrote below). From the ML,
I got the impression it's OK like that (which I don't think it is, it
should at least give a hint what's going wrong instead of a data abort).
However, I'll try to prepare a patch for that as soon as I find the time.

Regards,
Simon