[U-Boot] Manual is out of date, missing commands and information

Nathan Holder nathan.t.holder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 22:33:01 UTC 2018

Hi Wolfgang,

So I wrote that when I thought there were better guides online somewhere. I
haven't found any more complete guides. Maybe that is intentional? Surely
there is some guide out there, either for free or not.

Also sorry for the emails with the confidentiality statement. I forgot it
was there...

-Nate

Dear Nathan,

In message <
DM2PR0801MB074718634A75D114D3D5CD52B3E20 at DM2PR0801MB0747.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>
you wrote:

> This manual http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

> is out of date and missing a lot of info.

> I have been using it thinking it was the official manual.

It is. And it is organized  in the form of a wiki, where each and every
U-Boot user has the opportnity to contribute, to fix bugs and to add
missing parts.

> But then I learned many commands are not listed there.

Well, maybe you could help and add what you find is missing?

> Please take down the manual so that people don't mistakenly use it
thinking it is correct.

This is IMO a stupid request.  Incomplete documentation is still better
than no documentation at all.  Instead of complaining it would be more
helpful if you supporteed the community by adding to and improving the
documentation.

Thanks.