i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:58:23 CET 2019

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peng,
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM Peng Fan <peng.fan at nxp.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does it work if you follow the README steps?
> >
> > I not download that, just use my local ATF/DDR,
>
> Yes, this is what I suspected: the ATF/DDR firmware versions from the
> README are not working with mainline U-Boot.
>
> Could you please update the README to point to the correct versions, please?

For what it's worth, I went to use the firmware from 7.9 as stated in
part of the readme (since the README states both 8.0 and 7.9), and I
used the ATF from 4.19.35_1.1.0, and it booted once I commented out
the sdhc2 cd-gpio lines.

It seems like 8.0 doesn't work quite right.

I am not sure why the GPIO for card detect isn't working for me.  I
get an error -123 (ENOMEDIUM).  I tried enabling SPL_DM_GPIO without
any success, so i just disabled the cd pin, and it boots now.

adam