[U-Boot] [BUG] booting on the Tinker Board (tinker-rk3288_defconfig) is broken

Philipp Tomsich philipp.tomsich at theobroma-systems.com
Wed Feb 13 10:47:11 UTC 2019

> On 13.02.2019, at 11:42, David Wu <david.wu at rock-chips.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Philipp,
>
> 在 2019/2/13 下午6:30, Philipp Tomsich 写道:
>> The 10k comes from a direct comparison on our RK3399-Q7, after pulling in all
>> the required DTS nodes and properties vs. a minimal simple pinctrl for I2C only
>> (which is ~ 100 bytes of code).
>
> So according to your mind, do not use DTS at the SPL stage, still follow
> the original way, use the periph id?

Yes. And the periph-id uses the base-addr (instead of the interrupt number), so I
have simpler code (i.e. dev_read_addr, which will just deref the node and get the
addr) instead of having to go to the tree again.

I’ll prepare the patch (need to check if additional work is needed for PWM) and
send this separately.

Thanks,
Philipp.