Pinebook Pro keyboard (RK3399 OHCI)?

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Tue Jul 14 18:04:12 CEST 2020

Simon South <simon at simonsouth.net> writes:

> Arnaud Patard (Rtp) <arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org> writes:
>> Did you check if everything needed is enabled in your configuration and
>> if the keyboard is detected after a usb start / usb tree ?
>
> It is detected, yes.

ok.

> I believe the configuration is fine; I see this issue using the standard
> "pinebook-pro-rk3399_defconfig" and building either from the latest
> commit in git or from the tree at commit 3a5771249 (Peter's, which he
> mentioned earlier).

Did you check the stdin variable content if it contains only "usbkbd" ?
If you have more than one value in it (like "serial,usbkbd"), do you have
CONSOLE_MUX configuration setting enabled ? If it's not enabled, test
with it, as I guess you probably want stdin set to "serial,usbkbd".

> Changing the configuration to remove the XHCI and EHCI drivers, or to
> add the Inno USB phy driver, doesn't help.
>
> Beyond that, for BL31 I'm using a release build of v2.3 of the ARM
> Trusted Firmware. I've tested using debug and release builds of v2.3 and
> v2.2 without seeing a difference.

imho, ATF has nothing to do with your issue and it's possibly a uboot
configuration issue (like stdin variable or .config).

>> Your keyboard is working with linux, right ?
>
> Yes it is. It's only U-Boot that's affected.

So it's not hardware. I've tested fairly recent version of uboot (HEAD
pointing to 7012865e961ca2645d783adf4b75ca4abdbfe5a7) last week and the
keyboard was fine. That's why I'm really thinking of uboot
configuration.

> The only things I've thought of so far that might be unique about my
> setup are
>
> - My PBP is from the latest manufacturing run of a few months ago, not
>   last year's; and
>
> - I currently have the eMMC module disabled via the internal switch and
>   am booting off a microSD card.

Same here.

Arnaud