U-Boot mainline: Digilent Zybo-Z7 support

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Jun 1 07:43:12 CEST 2020

On 01. 06. 20 7:34, Milan Obuch wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just noticed that the support for the board Zybo-Z7
>> in mainline U-Boot is no longer available.
>>
>> Are there some reasons why it was dropped? Couldn't
>> find any information in the list archive.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Johannes K.
>
> I was about to ask similar question already, slightly different way.
> Michal decided to somehow unify Zynq based board support with common
> zynq_virtconfig (sp?) configuration, but I did not understand the
> details yet. So I would rephrase the question another way...
>
> How should one compile u-boot for Zybo Z7 board now and how should
> bootable image be created?

export DEVICE_TREE=zynq-zybo-z7
make xilinx_zynq_virt_defconfig
make -j8

Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
Maintainer of Linux kernel - Xilinx Microblaze
Maintainer of Linux kernel - Xilinx Zynq ARM and ZynqMP ARM64 SoCs
U-Boot custodian - Xilinx Microblaze/Zynq/ZynqMP/Versal SoCs