How to fix: partition (SPL) size alignment incorrect

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 04:49:12 CEST 2020

I am doing some spot checks on the da850evm which boots from SPI.  It
seems OK, however, when I run the mtdparts, I expect to see the
partition map of the SPI flash.

Unfortunately, I get the following error:
     nor0: partition (SPL) size alignment incorrect

Currently, it's setup as follows:
CONFIG_MTDPARTS_DEFAULT="mtdparts=spi0.0:32k(SPL),480k(u-boot),64k(u-boot-env),7552k(kernel-spare),64k(MAC-Address)"

This used to work, but I was hoping someone might have an idea on what
I can do to address it.  I haven't had a chance to bisect yet.

Thanks in advance.

adam