[U-Boot] build succeeded, what now?

JPT j-p-t at gmx.net
Mon Apr 8 11:01:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

Ok, I succeeded in building, used mv88f6281gtw_ge_config.
I cannot find any hints on how to continue in the manual.
So I tried with what I already know or simply guessed.

I added a header to the file u-boot.bin using the netgear provided doimage.

After uploading the image, nothing happens.

I am wondering:
- shouldn't there be a device tree to provide to linux?
- the uboot.bin is 300KiB. the old netgear one was 1,5MiB. How comes?
- is there any way to separate the original rom into pieces like uboot
binary, device tree, etc?

thanks,

Jan