[U-Boot] How do I use AM335x eth1 rather than eth0 ?

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Apr 12 18:05:44 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56:57AM +0100, Mark Jackson wrote:

> We have a dual Ethernet board (based on the BeagelBone) but with both Ethernet ports connected.
>
> I'm wanting to use eth1 (rather than eth0), so in my board.c file, I changed:-
>
> static struct cpsw_slave_data cpsw_slaves[] = {
> 	{
> 		.slave_reg_ofs	= 0x208,
> 		.sliver_reg_ofs	= 0xd80,
> 		.phy_id		= 0,
> 	},
> 	{
> 		.slave_reg_ofs	= 0x308,
> 		.sliver_reg_ofs	= 0xdc0,
> 		.phy_id		= 1,
> 	},
> };
>
> ... to ...
>
> static struct cpsw_slave_data cpsw_slaves[] = {
> 	{
> 		.slave_reg_ofs	= 0x308,
> 		.sliver_reg_ofs	= 0xdc0,
> 		.phy_id		= 1,
> 	},
> 	{
> 		.slave_reg_ofs	= 0x208,
> 		.sliver_reg_ofs	= 0xd80,
> 		.phy_id		= 0,
> 	},
> };
>
> ... assuming that eth0 would now be ignored (as only 1 slave is configured).
>
> But (eg) dhcp still only responds on eth0 !?!
>
> What else do I have to change ?

Good question, do you have both ports working in Linux yet?  The EVM-SK
design supports two interfaces and I know the cpsw driver in the kernel
required some changes to support two.  I strongly suspect similar
changes would be required in the U-Boot driver (I don't have any
specific links other than look at the vendor kernel tree).

--
Tom