[U-Boot] How do I use AM335x eth1 rather than eth0 ?

Mark Jackson mpfjackson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 21:20:51 CEST 2013

On 12/04/13 17:05, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56:57AM +0100, Mark Jackson wrote:
>
>> We have a dual Ethernet board (based on the BeagelBone) but with both Ethernet ports connected.
>>
>> I'm wanting to use eth1 (rather than eth0), so in my board.c file, I changed:-

<snip>

>> ... assuming that eth0 would now be ignored (as only 1 slave is configured).
>>
>> But (eg) dhcp still only responds on eth0 !?!
>>
>> What else do I have to change ?
>
> Good question, do you have both ports working in Linux yet?  The EVM-SK
> design supports two interfaces and I know the cpsw driver in the kernel
> required some changes to support two.  I strongly suspect similar
> changes would be required in the U-Boot driver (I don't have any
> specific links other than look at the vendor kernel tree).

Well, I've realised I needed to change CONFIG_PHY_ADDR in my board
config file.

So the link up/down portion now works to PHY#2, but I'm still unable to
ping anything from our board.

I'm guessing there's some hard-coded assumptions in the cpsw.c driver.
I've taken quick look at the Ethernet section of the TRM, but that's
*waaaay* over my head !?!

I've so far been unable to get Linux to see the 2nd port, and there is
no "vendor kernel tree" ... I'm the vendor :-)

Mark J.