[U-Boot] ulpi patch in uboot

Michael Trimarchi michael at amarulasolutions.com
Thu May 16 13:17:03 CEST 2013

Hi Stefano

On 16/05/13 12:34, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 16/05/2013 11:42, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>> Hi a;;,
>>

> Hi Michael,
>
> (I posted also to u-boot ML to check if someone else had issues)
>
>> I think that this patch could be wrong for omap4 and omap3. The opcode shift
>> shuld be 22 and not 21. And are you sure that are you using the bit 31
>> in the correct way?
>>
>> Stefano, are you sure about your testing?
>
> Well, it happened more as one year ago, but I tested again this morning
> with the AM3517 I used for testing, using a version 2013.04-rc1
>
> twister => usb start
> (Re)start USB...
> USB0:   USB EHCI 1.00
> scanning bus 0 for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
>        scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
> twister => fatls usb 0
>             .disk/

Sorry this does not show nothing. The phy use reset value.
Read and write command are wrong, the shift is wrong and the timeout condition is wrong
look at documentation. If I use the documentation the ulpi always timeout. In order
to have a proof of concept you need to read and print vendor id and product id.

Michael