[U-Boot] u-boot USB question

Bo Shen voice.shen at atmel.com
Fri May 17 05:04:14 CEST 2013

Hi Lance,

On 5/17/2013 10:20, Lance Beck wrote:
> Thanks Bo!
>
> My thinking with fw_printev (setenv) was that I would use it to set the environment variables from our user space app.  This way, we can control when the USB stick will be used for a kernel or rootfs upgrade.  Any thoughts on show this could be scripted and run?  We would like to be able to have a customer in the field do this without having to do anything but send a command from the user app, insert the USB drive and reboot.

Maybe you can test reference in <include/configs/am3517_evm.h>
---8>---
#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \
         "loadaddr=0x82000000\0" \
         "console=ttyO2,115200n8\0" \
         "mmcdev=0\0" \
         "mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} " \
                 "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait\0" \
         "nandargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} " \
                 "root=/dev/mtdblock4 rw " \
                 "rootfstype=jffs2\0" \
         "loadbootscript=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} boot.scr\0" \
         "bootscript=echo Running bootscript from mmc ...; " \
                 "source ${loadaddr}\0" \
         "loaduimage=fatload mmc ${mmcdev} ${loadaddr} uImage\0" \
         "mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc ...; " \
                 "run mmcargs; " \
                 "bootm ${loadaddr}\0" \
         "nandboot=echo Booting from nand ...; " \
                 "run nandargs; " \
                 "nand read ${loadaddr} 280000 400000; " \
                 "bootm ${loadaddr}\0" \

#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND \
         "mmc dev ${mmcdev}; if mmc rescan; then " \
                 "if run loadbootscript; then " \
                         "run bootscript; " \
                 "else " \
                         "if run loaduimage; then " \