[U-Boot] disassembler ?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu May 23 21:49:17 CEST 2013

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 23 May 2013 15:08:24 -0400, Peter Barada
<peter.barada at logicpd.com> wrote:

> On 05/23/2013 02:53 PM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> > Also, I *very* strongly suggest that you integrate *some* debugging
> > interface, based on *some* industry standard. Seeing as you're working
> > on a brand new, untested so far, silicon, such a debugging interface
> > is an absolute must IMO.
> Ditto here.
>
> JTAG (or some other industry debugging standard) allows attaching mature
> tools (like an Abatron BDI or some such) to not only help verify the
> state, but develop/debug the code you're writing.  Without such you'll
> only be able to do a postmortem and inspect memory after the
> code/processor crash - a much more laborious process...

One won't even be able to do that, at least not if the inspection is
done using Bedbug within U-Boot since launching U-boot will, in itself,
overwrite some of the memory -- and Murphy guarantees that the
overwritten memory will include the areas needed for a successful
postmortem.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.