[U-Boot] TFTP timeouts, i.mx fec problem?

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri May 31 17:46:34 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

>> From your report, it looks like that the link of the phy is not yet
>> active when the fec_send is called, and then no ARP message is sent.
>
> The question is if there is no better way to wait for the PHY to
> become (really) ready?

The phy is reinitialized after each transaction - the safiest condition
to boot afterwards the kernel. Or we need a way to stop the phy only
before booting, letting it on for the whole time. But again, this opens
other issues, because we cannot get as in linux if the lan cable is
removed (or worse, if it is connected to another switch with a different
speed).

>> Could you try setting #define CONFIG_ARP_TIMEOUT to some high value
>> (when it is set, the value is often 200mS) to check if the issue
>> disappears ?
>
> Indeed, this should help.  But it remains just a workaround, it ain't
> a real fix.

Right ;-(

Best regards,
Stefano Babic