[GIT] Pull request: u-boot-dfu (27.08.2019)

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Aug 28 10:39:01 CEST 2020

On 8/28/20 10:24 AM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Marek,

Hello Lukasz,

>> On 8/27/20 11:10 PM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
>>> Dear Marek,
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Please find a set of DFU/Gadget/sdp/fastboot related fixes and
>>> enhancements:
>>>
>>> https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-dfu/-/commits/master
>>>
>>> The git tag with detailed changes description in this PR can be
>>> found here:
>>>
>>> https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-dfu/-/tags/u-boot-dfu-27Aug2020
>>>

>> Is this some new format of pull request, are we no longer using
>> git-request-pull ?
>
> I thought that it would be more convenient to send the direct link to
> gitlab, as it is easy to have access to merge tag information.

Nope, all that is really needed is the remote and refspec , all of which
is in the git request-pull output. All I really ever do with the DFU PR
is $ git fetch u-boot-dfu ; <inspect the refspec> ; git merge <refspec>
and this operation doesn't involve booting the web browser :)

>> Also note that the UPDATE_TFTP is being actively used,
>
> From the other discussion, which was led mostly by Heinrich (CCed) it
> was apparent that this was a dead code.

Nope, I see it used, still.

Being able to download fitImage with various fragments of update and
apply them with single command is convenient, I would dislike to lose
that functionality. I don't think using $preboot is in any way a
replacement of this.

>> why is it
>> removed here and this late in rc3 ? I think these patches should
>> really be postponed until after the release.
>>
>> Can you please re-do the PR with only fixes ?
>
> The only non-fix patches are:
> - one which adds max3420 gadget

This one is rather isolated.

> - sdp enhancements (which looks to be self contained).

OK

So just move the update_tftp patches to next, because they need more
discussion.

Thanks